Festivals / Holidays               Thoughts On Parenting               Fun Things To Make               The Great Outdoors               Creative Learning

Friday, September 10, 2010

Corn Husk Dolls

In a previous post, I wrote about how much Aidan likes to shuck corn. Well, we dried some of the husks on the deck and used them to make corn husk dolls:

First, we bundled about 10 husks together, tying the bottom of the husks together.


Next we folded the husks over the part that is tied and tied it together to make the head.
To add flexibility, I added a pipe cleaner to the arms and tied them off.



After Aidan picked out yarn for the hair, we glued it on.


The corn husk dolls are our latest addition to our nature table.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, goodness, this looks so fun! The dolls are so cute, and your nature table looks great! We are going to have to try this out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea. I was thinking of trying it last week as I was throwing the husks in the green bin. Next time, I might try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi im karen, I found you from your magic onions link. How cute, I love their hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I have always wanted to do this. Its the remembering to do things that gets me every time... I love their hair, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to eat corn! But I never knew that the skin can be used so creatively! I love it. :)

    Win a $75 gift certificate giveaway at Creative Fashion!

    ReplyDelete

The contents of this blog, including text, original photos and ideas are the sole property of the author. If you intend to use my text or images, please link back to this blog and give credit to How the Sun Rose. Please do not republish an entire post or post photos of my family. A notification email would be greatly appreciated too!