Outside our window are muted hues where in another season would be vibrant colors. Last night I decided that I was simply tired of grey winter days. Out came a rainbow of kite paper and Tomas Berger's book Window Stars. After an evening of folding and gluing, and folding and gluing, we have COLOR!
Want to make your own? Here is a simple window star tutorial:
(Click on the picture to zoom in.)
You can use tissue paper, but in my experience, kite paper is best. Don't have kite paper? Well, I am please to say, Sonya, from A Toy Garden is offering one lucky reader a block of 100-count kite paper. Yes, that's right. It is our very first giveaway! (With more to come in the next several weeks.)
For the last 12 years at www.aToyGarden.com, Sonya has offered an extensive selection of mostly hand-made toys made by her, crafters in Northern California, around the United States, and around the world. Whenever possible, she purchase directly from the artisans. In general, these toys are made from wood, cotton, wool, silk, and other natural and high-quality materials and are open-ended, leaving lots of room for the child to develop and use his/her own imagination and imitation skills. A few items are just plain fun and she couldn't resist offering them to you. Sonya offers quick shipping, Free Gift Wrap, and fabulous customer service! A Toy Garden is filled with wood toys, dolls, puzzles, quality books, art supplies, woolen undergarments, and so much more!
You have 5 ways to enter. You may choose only one or take advantage of all 5.
1. Follow How the Sun Rose via GFC (see the sidebar), Twitter, or Facebook and tell me that you did so in the comment section of this post. Be sure to include your user name.
2. Follow A Toy Garden's facebook page and note it in the comment section.
3. Link up to our latest Creative Learning Link Party with a submission from your blog and note it in the comments -or- if you do not have a blog, leave a link in the comment section of a favorite craft from your pinterest boards.
4. Sign up for A Toy Garden's email list and note it in the comment section.
5. Tell others about this giveaway via your blog, facebook, or twitter account and note it in the comment section.
On Saturday, February 23rd, my youngest son will choose a random number to win the set of kite paper. I have more giveaways on the way. The next is from Oak Meadow. Be sure to come back and see what treasures await.