Festivals / Holidays               Thoughts On Parenting               Fun Things To Make               The Great Outdoors               Creative Learning

Thursday, September 30, 2010

We are Celtic

It is important to me to introduce my sons to other cultures so we take them to parades, festivals, etc. But this last weekend we celebrated our own culture and heritage at the Bethlehem Celtic Classic Festival. The boys especially enjoyed the parade during which, Aidan pretended to play the bagpipes, and the sheepdog demonstrations.


I always enjoy the Irish dancers and the Massed Pipe Bands on Saturday evening.

Aidan marches with the massed pipe bands on the field.


My little lad, Shane.

Lowland lads may dress mair fine,
Woo in words mair saft than mine!
Lowland lads hae mair o' art,
A' my boast's an honest heart,
Whilk shall ever be my pride!
O row thee in my Highland Plaid.

~Robert Tannahill (my paternal ancestor from Paisley, Scotland)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The contents of this blog, including text, original photos and ideas are the sole property of the author. If you intend to use my text or images, please link back to this blog and give credit to How the Sun Rose. Please do not republish an entire post or post photos of my family. A notification email would be greatly appreciated too!