Festivals / Holidays               Thoughts On Parenting               Fun Things To Make               The Great Outdoors               Creative Learning

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Valentine Crafts

Today we put our crafty selves to making Valentine gifts and decorations.

First up are some beeswax candles Aidan made for his teachers. We purchased the beeswax sheets from Hinode Farm. He used a cookie cutter to cut out the hearts.




Next, we made stiff yarn decorations by soaking yarn in watered-down glue and outlining words and shapes on a glass cutting board. After they dried, we hung them in the window.




Later in the afternoon, I made a garland using the wet-on-wet technique found here and wrote some of my favorite quotes on the hearts.






When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece -John Ruskin



9 comments:

  1. such great ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love the yarn words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yarn words look great, what a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yarn words and hearts are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the yarn words are neat also. Might be fun to try that with my daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's very nice of Aidan to make those beautiful candles for his teacher. I like how you helped him use a cookie cutter to make the hearts.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    Your yarn words are brilliant. Thanks for linking this post to the Weekly Kids' Co-op. I'll be featuring your post as part of my Valentine's Day roundup this week. xoxo P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love all of these...you have me inspired! I will also be featuring on my Weekly Kid's Co-Op post...thanks so much for sharing with us x
    http://mummymusingsandmayhem.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! I featured you this week on the weekly kids co-op at Housing A Forest. I can't wait to see what you link up this week:)

    ReplyDelete

The contents of this blog, including text, original photos and ideas are the sole property of the author. If you intend to use my text or images, please link back to this blog and give credit to How the Sun Rose. Please do not republish an entire post or post photos of my family. A notification email would be greatly appreciated too!