Festivals / Holidays               Thoughts On Parenting               Fun Things To Make               The Great Outdoors               Creative Learning

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Urban Nature

I've been thinking about my role as a Park Ranger lately.  I would like a change of pace, but it will take time to make that happen. In the meantime, although I am surrounded by history in a big city, I am drawn to signs of nature.  It is there, I just have to look closely.




Sometimes it is quiet and still...
Above my head in the London Plain tree sits a hawk watching cars go by.
...while other times, nature is noisy and energetic.

This squirrel chitted at nearby birds after burying a supply of acorns.















Sometimes nature offers an unexpected surprise...




yet often provides an expected comfort during change in a rushing world.









No matter where or when, signs of nature help me regain my focus





No comments:

Post a Comment

The contents of this blog, including text, original photos and ideas are the sole property of the author. If you intend to use my text or images, please link back to this blog and give credit to How the Sun Rose. Please do not republish an entire post or post photos of my family. A notification email would be greatly appreciated too!