Festivals / Holidays               Thoughts On Parenting               Fun Things To Make               The Great Outdoors               Creative Learning

Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Little History Love and Creative Learning #29

Welcome back to another week of Creative Learning. I began teaching a class titled "18th Century Life and People" for our homeschool co op today. I have 9 second and third graders and I can tell already that we are going to have a blast.

I began class by asking each student what they like to study the most and then explained that when you study history, you study about everything. I could see little light bulbs of understanding turning on in their minds as we talked. We also did a Venn Diagram of life then and life now to show that people now are similar to people then, yet some of our resources make our lives seem different. 

I will come back later and share some of my ideas on helping kids love history later.  Now it is your opportunity to share with us. What creative learning have you had this week?









1 comment:

  1. Thank you for providing this wonderful contribution to your audience. I am on this website and reading very informative content at the moment. Thank you so much for sharing. college of nursing science emekuku admission portal - Best Related Educational Updates Portal in the World; Examination and Academic Guide, High Paying Jobs & Scholarship Website

    ReplyDelete

The contents of this blog, including text, original photos and ideas are the sole property of the author. If you intend to use my text or images, please link back to this blog and give credit to How the Sun Rose. Please do not republish an entire post or post photos of my family. A notification email would be greatly appreciated too!